National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS)
NAPS was launched in August 2016 by Government of India to promote the apprenticeship in the country by providing financial incentives, technology and advocacy support.
Apprenticeship training is a course of training in an industry or establishment, under a contract of apprenticeship which consists of: a) basic training component and b) on-the-job-training (OJT)/practical training at workplace.
All establishments having work force (regular and contract employees) of 30 or more are mandated to undertake apprenticeship programs in a range from 2.5% -15% of its workforce (including direct)
The scheme has the following two components
1. Reimbursement of 25% of the prescribed stipend by the Government of India to all employers who engage apprentices, subject to a maximum of INR. 1500/- per month per apprentice with the employers.
2. Reimbursement of basic training cost up to a maximum of INR. 7500/- per apprentice (for a maximum of 500 hours= Rs. 15/hour) by the Government of India to Basic Training Providers (BTPs) in respect of apprentices who come directly for apprenticeship training without any formal training.
Apprenticeship Training in Beauty & Wellness sector
Apprenticeship training refers to job role specific training in any Beauty & Wellness industry or establishment.
Who can REGISTER as an APPRENTICE?
- Candidates should have completed 14 years of age
- Candidates must have an Aadhaar Number.
- Candidates should get registered on the Apprenticeship Portal: www.apprenticeshipindia.gov.in
- Candidates must possess minimum age, educational qualification and physical attributes required for that trade.
Benefits for Apprentices
- Provides an opportunity to put skills into practice, to gain confidence in a working environment
- Makes the transition of the apprentice from training to employment easier through industrial exposure
- Provides ‘earn while learn’ opportunity to the apprentice
- Helps make broad-based decision of future career path within the function /industry
- Provides scope for vertical mobility when employed in the organization
- Ensures Government-recognized certification
Apprenticeship Courses under Beauty & Wellness sector
|S No.||Course Name||Course Code||NSQF Level||Duration (Hrs)|
|4.||Yoga Instructor (B&W)||CO032200003||4||1008|
|5.||Aesthetic Skin Technician||CO072200066||4||1008|
Please write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org